Advanced Medical Skin Care Products
Skin Care Products - Edina, Minneapolis-St. Paul
Take Your Skin to the Gym™
What is Advanced Medical Skin Care?
Skin care is very similar to conditioning your body by going to the gym. Just as you get better results with your workout when you work with a trainer, working with physician-guided skin care will optimize your skin care as well.
At SzachowiczMD in Edina, Minneapolis-St. Paul, we have prescriptive strength skin care products and specialized formulations which are customized for your skin. Dr. Szachowicz has the BeneVita™ trademarked skin care line of sophisticated formulations, which include advanced nutrients, powerful anti-oxidants, and stimulants.
Our goal is a simple daily program, which you can feel confident that you are taking strong measures to maintain your skin’s health and radiance. Building and maintaining skin collagen is a lot like building your muscles.
BeneVita™ Medical Skin Care Products
All of the skin care products offered at the Edina practice of SzachowiczMD are “Anti-Aging products,” which are formulated to protect and maintain the youthful skin health you have in youth. Dr. Szachowicz has selected these products for you with their unique formulations, active nutrients, anti-oxidants while being minimally sensitizing. Our hope is that you will find the BeneVita™ line will surpass the results with your current skin care, and we will become a trusted resource for your life-long skin care.
Dr. Szachowicz can guide you in the selection of a custom skin care system which can even enhance your existing system. The products are formulated for medical quality skin care, often with the addition of ingredients not available for standard retail sales.
A line of three 100% soap-free cleansers that remove surface pollutants and oil without over drying your skin. All the BeneVita™ Cleansers all contain green tea extract, a powerful anti-oxidant to inhibit aging.
- LactiCleanse- Replaces the lactic acid produced by your skin, and cleanses the pores with a mild salicylic acid (0.5%), while the green tea extract fights the aging process. LactiCleanse cleanser maintains the normal ‘acid mantle’ of your skin without the need for toner after you wash.
- Rosacleanse- Extra gentle cleanser for redness-prone and sensitive skin. Contains a powerful redness-reducing agent derived from the Chinese Evoida plant.
- Multi-HA Cleanser- A cleansing product for oily and acne-prone skin; contains 2% salicylic acid as well as glycolic acid (a fruit acid) to keep pores clean of oils and dead skin.
Our elegant moisturizers are fragrance and steroid-free so they can be used day and night. They provide protection of the skin’s own moisture, while adding nutrient protection.
- Moisturiche-Intensive Facial Moisturizer. The most barrier- protective moisturizer which is very soothing for mature skin. This formulation is enriched with emollients (Squalane, and ceramides) and nutrients (Evoida, Camellia and Rapeseed extracts) which leave a barrier on the skin to prevent evaporation. This intensive cream is a favorite for Minnesota winters.
- Niariche-A unique blend of vitamin B6, nutrient, and anti-oxidants to protect and moisturize the skin. Niariche does not feel greasy, but glides onto the skin leaving the skin moist but light. Easy to use with makeup every day.
- Theramoist- an oil-free moisturizer critical for problem skin. This product contains a lipopeptide with anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties for blemish-prone skin. Theramoist is best when combined with the Hydropeptide Gel, which is non-comedogenic, to provide moisture when applied under this oil-free emollient.
- Hydrapeptide Gel- used daily to rehydrate the skin, this hydrapeptide gel applies hyaluronic acid, which contains 200 times its weight in moisture, to the skin. Best when applied to skin just prior to a moisturizer to lock in the moisture to the skin. This product additionally contains glycosaminoglycan and chondroitin which inhibit the thinning of the skin caused by sun damage.
- Eye Recovery Complex- a specialized superblend of anti-oxidants including green tea extract to get the delicate skin of the eyelid to produce new collagen. Contains vitamin C & E, Golgi berry and green tea extracts, niacin and hydrating elements to diminish the fine lines and creases under the eyes. Soaks in completely and works well with eye makeup.
BeneVita™ for Skin Collagen Stimulation & Skin Repair
- Gloss-E- A very mild formulation of TCA, a skin peeling agent when used in a concentrated form. Gloss-E is available in two strengths: for the face and for the eye area. The TCA removes old dead skin which accumulates on the surface of the skin over time. Often skin lotions and creams cannot penetrate this layer and become less effective. By using the Gloss-E cream every other night, you will notice smoother skin of the face and eyes. This can be combined with the Recovery (retinol) cream for optimal results. Our most popular product because of the noticeable difference in smoothness of the skin with use every other night.
- Firming Serum- This daily skin serum contains the most stable forms of nutrients and vitamins to be applied daily to clean skin before moisturizer or makeup. Firming adds key elements to your skin to protect the youthful tone and texture of your skin: vitamins C & E; ferulic acid, a powerful plant-derived anti-oxidant which works in combination with Vitamin C & E to increase their potency.
- C-Remedy- A novel cream formulation of the potent anti-oxidant vitamin C. This is easy to use preparation is best in the morning as vitamin C can help prevent damage from the sun. This is a great cream to use with a red light device such as the Tanda Luxe to help stimulate new collagen to form.
- Recovery- a retinol 1% cream which is less irritating than the stronger vitamin A creams. This formulation was selected for those over 30 years old who need a gentle stimulation of the skin to keep the skin thicker and more firm. Used at night on clean skin. Very popular medical strength retinol in a cream form which is less drying. This is a foundational product to stimulate new collagen formation. Most often combined with Gloss-E TCA preparation on an every other day regimen.
- Saturday Night Brightener Pads- A blend of three fruit acids which stimulate your skin in a similar way to a light fruit acid peel at a salon. You start by using the pads once a week for just 15 minutes. Then you increase the time of the peel on your skin without rinsing until your skin can tolerate an overnight use. The results are a smoother, fresher skin with less dead skin built up on the surface. Moisturizers penetrate better, makeup glides on and there is better penetration of the nutrients from other BeneVita™ skin care products.
BeneVita™: Sun Protection
- Melashade- “The best sunscreen is the one you use.” Our most popular sunscreen, which our clients call – “whipped cream sunscreen.” It has all the best features of an ideal sunscreen: 100% fragrance-free, only zinc and titanium oxides (no chemical sunscreens), tinted for natural coverage, and dries to a silky, matte-finish. Many clients only wear Melashade as a daily foundation/makeup. Ideal for sensitive skin.
BeneVita™: ‘In-Office’ Chemical Peels
- Mini-Quelage – This is an excellent facial peel to remove excess pigmentation which occurs from sun exposure. It is a comfortable in-office peel good for most skin types. After skin preparation, the peel solution is left on the skin for two hours and then washed off with cleanser. The pigment from the upper layers of the skin then flakes away over the next 3-4 days. A gentle way to remove pigmentation. Contain s the necessary skin care products for skin care in the days after the peel. Recommended at the beginning and end of summer and after any trip to a sunny location.
- Skin Brightening - A specially formulated in-office peel for more mature skin. The peel solution stimulates new collagen and sheds the outer dead layers of the skin. Can be used in conjunction with the Saturday Night Brightener Pads to maintain your results between peels. This peel allows for better penetration of moisturizers and nutrients into the skin.
- Skin Clarifying - Very popular among the new age of adult acne. Helps to cleanse pores and diminish breakouts when more simple methods are not effective. Best used in a series of 1-3 peels to reverse the progression of blemishes and possible scarring. Rated high among our patients for effectiveness.
Skin Care Devices
- Clarisonic- A remarkable ultrasonic skin cleansing device made by the same manufactures of the ultrasonic toothbrush. The professional model has a better warranty and speed selection than retail models. This device removes makeup and environmental pollutants better and any hand washing technique. The battery is charged for up to two weeks for travel. A good foundation product for clean skin.
- Tanda- A new set of light delivery devices which work well with BeneVita™ skin care products. The Tanda devices use LED light of specific wavelengths to assist in skin care. These devices have clinical studies and are rated well by users.
- LUXE- uses red light to stimulate new collagen formation. Best used with BeneVita™ C-Remedy skin cream to energize the cells to produce new collagen by having active Vitamin C present when the red light is activating the cells. Clinical studies show good results when used just minutes per day.
- Clear- uses blue light to kill the bacteria which causes blemishes. Used on all areas of the face prone to breakouts (the T-zone and around the mouth). Very good at-home care for when blemishes occur with menstrual cycles. Rechargeable battery makes it easy to use.
- Zap- Small, very portable (purse-sized) device which uses blue light directed on each blemish. If used early, the Zap has been shown to reduce inflammation within 24 hours.
Obagi Skin Care
We offer this skin care product at our Edina, Minneapolis practice without reservation, as has been in use for over 25 years. The most active agent is the Tretinoin cream (vitamin A – in the same family as the well-known Renova cream). This system requires approximately six weeks for the skin to fully adjust to the stimulation of the regimen, but after that has stable, consistent improvement in fine lines, creases and pigment. Dr. Szachowicz has a long experience with this line of products and he can guide the new user with his wealth of experience.
- Cleanser (#1)- used to cleanse oils and pollutants from the skin’s surface.
- Toner (#2)-used to adjust the pH balance of the skin for the remaining products to be active.
- Clear (#3)-skin bleaching for the pigment.
- Exfoderm (#4)- a mild fruit acid peel to allow active agents to penetrate better.
- Blender (#5)-skin bleaching cream which is combined with the tretinoin at night
- Hydrator- adds moisture if the skin is dry or sensitive
- Tretinoin 0.05% cream- milder vitamin A cream for sensitive skin
- Tretinoin 0.1% cream- full-strength vitamin A cream for normal skin
Lash & Brow Enhancement
- Latisse- an Allergan product which is FDA-approved to enhance lash growth. One of the most popular products, causing new eye lash growth, with thicker, darker and more numerous hairs.
- LiLash- An eye lash enhancing product that has been available that has its own brush applicator, which makes it more convenient for travel and just everyday use. Has more volume per package so it last longer. Same good response in eye lash enhancement
- LiBrow- An complimentary product to LiLash which is formulated to make the eyebrow hairs denser and thicker. Good for women who often see the outer one-third of their eyebrows thin with age. LiBrow is the most widely used eyebrow enhancing product.
Glo Minerals Makeup
“Skin nurturing makeup for beauty with a higher purpose.”
We are proud to offer glominerals, a makeup system uniquely formulated with pharmaceutical-grade ingredients. All their makeup products contain: no perfumes or chemical dyes, are non-comedogenic, contain broad spectrum UVA and UVB sun protection, are anti-inflammatory and are cruelty-free.
We offer a wide range of skin care products at our Edina practice serving Minneapolis-St. Paul, as well as a broad and fashionable color palette to meet every person's needs. The result for you is a clinically advanced mineral makeup that covers and helps correct and protect. To make a positive and lasting step in your life, contact our skin care practice today to take that first crucial step.