Facial Plastic Surgery: Edward Szachowicz, MD
7373 France Ave. S Suite 508
Edina, MN 55435
Phone: (952) 835-5665
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
“An artful correction restores the features, rather than emphasizes them.”
The Restylane family of gel dermal fillers, available in Edina, MN, at Facial Plastic Surgery, includes a wide range of treatment options to optimize facial aesthetics. These products can fill facial lines, restore contours, and even soften some of the most stubborn shadowy areas of the face. Modern fillers can be customized to each person’s face and to each area treated. Using the Restylane collection of dermal fillers, Dr. Szachowicz can meet your individual needs. Some of the newest options, Restylane® Defyne and Restylane® Refyne, are uniquely formulated for lip injections to give Minneapolis-St. Paul patients beautiful, natural-looking results.
What Are Gel Dermal Fillers?
All Restylane dermal fillers are made of hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally found in our skin, joints, and even our eyes. In youth, we have an abundant layer of hyaluronic acid that supports our skin and contours our lips, but this substance diminishes with age.
Restylane dermal fillers restore contour, fill lines, and reduce stress on the skin that occurs with volume loss. These attributes explain why Restylane fillers are so popular for reversing the signs of facial aging. The fillers in the Restylane collection have been specifically designed to:
- Contour the cheeks and chin
- Smooth facial lines and creases, such as nasolabial folds (parentheses) and marionette lines around the mouth
- Precisely fill and shape the lips
- Soften lip lines (lipstick lines)
Which Filler Is Right for Me?
To determine which filler is best for your unique needs, you will have an initial consultation with Dr. Szachowicz during which you can share your particular concerns. Working with your input, Dr. Szachowicz will develop your customized dermal filler treatment plan. You can then review all of the available dermal fillers and optimize your choice to achieve your best results.
Dr. Edward Szachowicz
Your face can reflect the way you feel inside through a facelift or another surgical procedure by Dr. Szachowicz.Meet Dr. Szachowicz
As important as these new gel fillers are, the skill of the professional injecting the filler is key to getting your best result. Dr. Szachowicz is an artist when it comes to aesthetic placement of dermal fillers. He has attended master classes that focus on defining the contours of the cheek quadrants, the dimensions and proportions of the lips, and the balance and proportions of the face. As a facial plastic surgeon, he not only accurately places dermal fillers, but also performs facial rejuvenation surgery.
People appreciate the education and experience that Dr. Szachowicz brings to injectable dermal fillers and relax by knowing their treatment is performed in a safe and professional medical setting. Dr. Szachowicz is proud to emphasize a comfortable and caring experience, including using micro-cannulas and anti-bruising herbals to enhance your results.
Meet the Restylane Family of Dermal Fillers
- Restylane-L® is a medium-size particle filler that produces a soft and natural correction throughout the face. It softens the nasolabial lines, adds fullness to the lips, and smoothes the marionette lines.
- Restylane® Lyft is the most robust filler used to volumize the cheeks and elevate the deeper nasolabial folds (smile lines).
- Restylane® Silk has the smallest particle size and is designed specifically for the lips and lip lines. The small particle size gives a skilled injector the precision to achieve natural-looking lip contours and accurately fill the lip lines.
- Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne are next-generation hyaluronic acid gel dermal fillers specifically designed to look natural when the face is either at rest or in expression. Using a new process, these gel fillers’ flexibility allows the gel to move easily within the tissue as you open or close your mouth, purse your lips, smile, and laugh. The Refyne product is used to correct finer lines and depressions while Defyne is used for deeper folds and corrections .
To ensure a natural look, the makers of Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne evaluated how people experienced the new fillers with a Natural Expression Study. In this study, people were asked to evaluate the naturalness of their facial expressions in motion after their Restylane treatments, and 97% were satisfied with their treatment results.
Procedure for Restylane Injections
- A Restylane filler injection is a highly customizable in-office procedure that provides immediate correction to any treated area.
- To minimize the chance of bruising, do not take aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, or fish or plant oils for 7 to 10 days prior to your treatment.
- For your comfort, all Restylane fillers contain the anesthetic lidocaine. Topical numbing cream, ice, and the option of a dental nerve block are available for your comfort.
- For your safety, micro-cannulas are used when possible to decrease bruising and the risk of inadvertent injection of the gel filler into a blood vessel.
- Multiple areas of the face may be treated at the same time, and Restylane may be combined with other injectable gel fillers or other cosmetic treatments such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport®, and Sculptra®.
- Restylane products are made from non-animal sources, and the FDA does not require a skin test prior to treatment.
Aftercare with Restylane Dermal Fillers
- You can wear sunblock and makeup right after your treatment.
- After the injection, there will be some swelling, which usually lasts 24 hours.
- You will look completely natural within 24 to 72 hours after the product has integrated with your facial movements.
“The people who come to my practice feel more comfortable having their dermal filler by an experienced facial plastic surgeon in a medical setting.”
Risks of Restylane Dermal Filler Injections
Infrequent complications: Local injection-site reactions such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching may occur. Very rarely Restylane is injected into a blood vessel causing more widespread effects, such as skin loss or vision changes. The actual duration of the volume correction with Restylane products vary. As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
Learn More About the Restylane Collection of Dermal Fillers
To find out how Restylane fillers can fit into your own customized nonsurgical rejuvenation program, request a complimentary consultation with Dr. Szachowicz using our online form or call (952) 835-5665 for an appointment. If you are considering any fillers or facial injections, it is important that you go to an experienced and artistic surgeon. Dr. Szachowicz is a double-boarded facial plastic surgeon, a recognized national instructor for facial fillers, and a trainer for other physicians using his advanced methods.