Facial Plastic Surgery: Edward Szachowicz, MD
7373 France Ave. S Suite 508
Edina, MN 55435
Phone: (952) 835-5665
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Skin Care Products
Take Your Skin to the Gym™
What is Advanced Medical Skin Care?
Skin care is very similar to conditioning your body by going to the gym. Just as you get better results with your workout when you work with a trainer, working with physician-guided skin care will optimize your skin care as well.
Often, the best plan to to feel good about your skin again involves an in-office procedure to jump start the conditioning of your skin, such as:
- Fraxel Laser for the skin,
- SkinMedica Chemical Peels, or
- Micro-needling Skin Treatments.
As an on-going routine, at Facial Plastic Surgery in Edina, Minneapolis-St. Paul, we have prescriptive strength skin care products and specialized formulations which are customized for your skin. Dr. Szachowicz has the BeneVita™trademarked skin care line of sophisticated formulations, which include advanced nutrients, powerful anti-oxidants, and stimulants.
Our goal is a simple daily program, which you can feel confident that you are taking strong measures to maintain your skin’s health and radiance. Building and maintaining skin collagen is a lot like building your muscles.
SkinMedica: ‘In-Office’ Chemical Peels
- Illuminize Peel – For mild skin imperfections (a same day skin enhancement). It is a comfortable in-office peel good for most skin types. After skin preparation, the peel solution is left on the skin as the peel solution is self-neutralizing. Most people will notice smoother, softer skin as the peel brightens the skin thus improving color and clarity. This peel causes little to no flaking and is intended for little downtime.
- Vitalize Peel – For mild to moderate skin imperfections (skin peels over 3-4 days). A specially formulated in-office peel for more mature skin. This is an excellent facial peel to remove excess pigmentation which occurs from sun exposure.The peel solution is also self-neutralizing and is applied in several layers, giving time between applications for the skin to react to the ingredients. A retinol solution is then applied to the skin to repair sun damage, and to stimulate new collagen as the outer dead layers of the skin are shed over the next 3-4 days. Recommended at the beginning and end of summer and after any trip to a sunny location.
Micro-Needling: ‘In-Office’ Skin Treatments
Micro-needling is a collagen stimulating procedure for the skin which is performed with an instrument containing 12 tiny ‘micro-needles.’ Each treatment induces new collagen formation beneath the skin as the device is moved over the skin. Micro-needling is often performed in combination with either a chemical peel or with a treatment of PRP (platelet-rich plasma) to further enhance the rejuvenation effect.
Micro-needling is designed to be performed in a step-wise series of treatments, with each treatment building new collagen and developing new blood vessels which nourish the skin. Downtime is minimal for the micro-needling treatment alone, and is extended by 2-3 days if you combine the treatment with either a chemical peel or PRP treatment.
BeneVita™ Medical Skin Care Products
All of the skin care products offered at the Edina practice of Facial Plastic Surgery are “Anti-Aging products,” which are formulated to protect and maintain the youthful skin health you have in youth. Dr. Szachowicz has selected these products for you with their unique formulations, active nutrients, anti-oxidants while being minimally sensitizing. Our hope is that you will find the BeneVita™ line will surpass the results with your current skin care, and we will become a trusted resource for your life-long skin care.
Dr. Szachowicz can guide you in the selection of a custom skin care system which can even enhance your existing system. The products are formulated for medical quality skin care, often with the addition of ingredients not available for standard retail sales.
A line of three 100% soap-free cleansers that remove surface pollutants and oil without over drying your skin. All the BeneVita™ Cleansers all contain green tea extract, a powerful anti-oxidant to inhibit aging.
- LactiCleanse – Replaces the lactic acid produced by your skin, and cleanses the pores with a mild salicylic acid (0.5%), while the green tea extract fights the aging process. LactiCleanse cleanser maintains the normal ‘acid mantle’ of your skin without the need for toner after you wash.
- Rosacleanse– Extra gentle cleanser for redness-prone and sensitive skin. Contains a powerful redness-reducing agent derived from the Chinese Evoida plant.
Dr. Edward Szachowicz
Your face can reflect the way you feel inside through a facelift, rhinoplasty, or another surgical procedure by Dr. Szachowicz.Meet Dr. Szachowicz
Our elegant moisturizers are fragrance and steroid-free so they can be used day and night. They provide protection of the skin’s own moisture, while adding nutrient protection.
- Moisturiche-Intensive Facial Moisturizer. The most barrier- protective moisturizer which is very soothing for mature skin. This formulation is enriched with emollients (Squalane, and ceramides) and nutrients (Evoida, Camellia and Rapeseed extracts) which leave a barrier on the skin to prevent evaporation. This intensive cream is a favorite for Minnesota winters.
- Niariche-A unique blend of vitamin B6, nutrient, and anti-oxidants to protect and moisturize the skin. Niariche does not feel greasy, but glides onto the skin leaving the skin moist but light. Easy to use with makeup every day.
- Theramoist– an oil-free moisturizer critical for problem skin. This product contains a lipopeptide with anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties for blemish-prone skin. Theramoist is best when combined with the Hydropeptide Gel, which is non-comedogenic, to provide moisture when applied under this oil-free emollient.
- Hydrapeptide Gel– used daily to rehydrate the skin, this hydrapeptide gel applies hyaluronic acid, which contains 200 times its weight in moisture, to the skin. Best when applied to skin just prior to a moisturizer to lock in the moisture to the skin. This product additionally contains glycosaminoglycan and chondroitin which inhibit the thinning of the skin caused by sun damage.
- Eye Recovery Complex– a specialized superblend of anti-oxidants including green tea extract to get the delicate skin of the eyelid to produce new collagen. Contains vitamin C & E, Golgi berry and green tea extracts, niacin and hydrating elements to diminish the fine lines and creases under the eyes. Soaks in completely and works well with eye makeup.
BeneVita™ for Skin Collagen Stimulation & Skin Repair
- Gloss-E– A very mild formulation of TCA, a skin peeling agent when used in a concentrated form. Gloss-E is available in two strengths: for the face and for the eye area. The TCA removes old dead skin which accumulates on the surface of the skin over time. Often skin lotions and creams cannot penetrate this layer and become less effective. By using the Gloss-E cream every other night, you will notice smoother skin of the face and eyes. This can be combined with the Recovery (retinol) cream for optimal results. Our most popular product because of the noticeable difference in smoothness of the skin with use every other night.
- Firming Serum– This daily skin serum contains the most stable forms of nutrients and vitamins to be applied daily to clean skin before moisturizer or makeup. Firming adds key elements to your skin to protect the youthful tone and texture of your skin: vitamins C & E; ferulic acid, a powerful plant-derived anti-oxidant which works in combination with Vitamin C & E to increase their potency.
- C-Remedy– A novel cream formulation of the potent anti-oxidant vitamin C. This is easy to use preparation is best in the morning as vitamin C can help prevent damage from the sun. This is a great cream to use with a red light device such as the Tanda Luxe to help stimulate new collagen to form.
- Recovery– a retinol 1% cream which is less irritating than the stronger vitamin A creams. This formulation was selected for those over 30 years old who need a gentle stimulation of the skin to keep the skin thicker and more firm. Used at night on clean skin. Very popular medical strength retinol in a cream form which is less drying. This is a foundational product to stimulate new collagen formation. Most often combined with Gloss-E TCA preparation on an every other day regimen.
- Saturday Night Brightener Pads– A blend of three fruit acids which stimulate your skin in a similar way to a light fruit acid peel at a salon. You start by using the pads once a week for just 15 minutes. Then you increase the time of the peel on your skin without rinsing until your skin can tolerate an overnight use. The results are a smoother, fresher skin with less dead skin built up on the surface. Moisturizers penetrate better, makeup glides on and there is better penetration of the nutrients from other BeneVita™ skin care products.
BeneVita™: Sun Protection
- Melashade– “The best sunscreen is the one you use.” Our most popular sunscreen, which our clients call – “whipped cream sunscreen.” It has all the best features of an ideal sunscreen: 100% fragrance-free, only zinc and titanium oxides (no chemical sunscreens), tinted for natural coverage, and dries to a silky, matte-finish. Many clients only wear Melashade as a daily foundation/makeup. Ideal for sensitive skin.
Obagi Skin Care
We offer this skin care product at our Edina, Minneapolis practice without reservation, as has been in use for over 25 years. The most active agent is the Tretinoin cream (vitamin A – in the same family as the well-known Renova cream). This system requires approximately six weeks for the skin to fully adjust to the stimulation of the regimen, but after that has stable, consistent improvement in fine lines, creases and pigment. Dr. Szachowicz has a long experience with this line of products and he can guide the new user with his wealth of experience.
- Cleanser (#1)– used to cleanse oils and pollutants from the skin’s surface.
- Toner (#2)-used to adjust the pH balance of the skin for the remaining products to be active.
- Clear (#3)-skin bleaching for the pigment.
- Exfoderm (#4)– a mild fruit acid peel to allow active agents to penetrate better.
- Blender (#5)-skin bleaching cream which is combined with the tretinoin at night
- Hydrator– adds moisture if the skin is dry or sensitive
- Tretinoin 0.05% cream– milder vitamin A cream for sensitive skin
- Tretinoin 0.1% cream– full-strength vitamin A cream for normal skin
- Latisse– an Allergan product which is FDA-approved to enhance lash growth. One of the most popular products, causing new eye lash growth, with thicker, darker and more numerous hairs. Our patients are excited with their outcomes and many have substituted Latisse for other eye products, such as mascara. Latisse comes in two sizes: a 3ml bottle or the more popular 5ml bottle. People notice improvement as early as four weeks with the best effect occurring after four months.
“Skin nurturing makeup for beauty with a higher purpose.”
We are proud to offer glominerals, a makeup system uniquely formulated with pharmaceutical-grade ingredients. All their makeup products contain: no perfumes or chemical dyes, are non-comedogenic, contain broad spectrum UVA and UVB sun protection, are anti-inflammatory and are cruelty-free.
We offer a wide range of skin care products at our Edina practice serving Minneapolis-St. Paul, as well as a broad and fashionable color palette to meet every person’s needs. The result for you is a clinically advanced mineral makeup that covers and helps correct and protect. To make a positive and lasting step in your life, contact our skin care practice today to take that first crucial step.