Facial Plastic Surgery: Edward Szachowicz, MD
7373 France Ave. S Suite 508
Edina, MN 55435
Phone: (952) 835-5665
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Skin Care Products
Take Your Skin to the Gym™
What is Advanced Medical Skin Care?
Skin care is very similar to conditioning your body by going to the gym. Just as you get better results with your workout when you work with a trainer, working with physician-guided skin care will optimize your skin care as well.
Often, the best plan to to feel good about your skin again involves an in-office procedure to jump start the conditioning of your skin, such as:
- Fraxel Laser for the skin,
- SkinMedica Chemical Peels, or
- Micro-needling Skin Treatments.
As an on-going routine, at Facial Plastic Surgery in Edina, Minneapolis-St. Paul, we have prescriptive strength skin care products and specialized formulations which are customized for your skin.
Our goal is a simple daily program, which you can feel confident that you are taking strong measures to maintain your skin’s health and radiance. Building and maintaining skin collagen is a lot like building your muscles.
SkinMedica: ‘In-Office’ Chemical Peels
- Illuminize Peel – For mild skin imperfections (a same day skin enhancement). It is a comfortable in-office peel good for most skin types. After skin preparation, the peel solution is left on the skin as the peel solution is self-neutralizing. Most people will notice smoother, softer skin as the peel brightens the skin thus improving color and clarity. This peel causes little to no flaking and is intended for little downtime.
- Vitalize Peel – For mild to moderate skin imperfections (skin peels over 3-4 days). A specially formulated in-office peel for more mature skin. This is an excellent facial peel to remove excess pigmentation which occurs from sun exposure.The peel solution is also self-neutralizing and is applied in several layers, giving time between applications for the skin to react to the ingredients. A retinol solution is then applied to the skin to repair sun damage, and to stimulate new collagen as the outer dead layers of the skin are shed over the next 3-4 days. Recommended at the beginning and end of summer and after any trip to a sunny location.
Micro-Needling: ‘In-Office’ Skin Treatments
Micro-needling is a collagen stimulating procedure for the skin which is performed with an instrument containing 12 tiny ‘micro-needles.’ Each treatment induces new collagen formation beneath the skin as the device is moved over the skin. Micro-needling is often performed in combination with either a chemical peel or with a treatment of PRP (platelet-rich plasma) to further enhance the rejuvenation effect.
Micro-needling is designed to be performed in a step-wise series of treatments, with each treatment building new collagen and developing new blood vessels which nourish the skin. Downtime is minimal for the micro-needling treatment alone, and is extended by 2-3 days if you combine the treatment with either a chemical peel or PRP treatment.
Dr. Edward Szachowicz
Your face can reflect the way you feel inside through a facelift or another surgical procedure by Dr. Szachowicz.Meet Dr. Szachowicz
Obagi Skin Care
We offer this skin care product at our Edina, Minneapolis practice without reservation, as has been in use for over 25 years. The most active agent is the Tretinoin cream (vitamin A – in the same family as the well-known Renova cream). This system requires approximately six weeks for the skin to fully adjust to the stimulation of the regimen, but after that has stable, consistent improvement in fine lines, creases and pigment. Dr. Szachowicz has a long experience with this line of products and he can guide the new user with his wealth of experience.
- Cleanser (#1)– used to cleanse oils and pollutants from the skin’s surface.
- Toner (#2)-used to adjust the pH balance of the skin for the remaining products to be active.
- Clear (#3)-skin bleaching for the pigment.
- Exfoderm (#4)– a mild fruit acid peel to allow active agents to penetrate better.
- Blender (#5)-skin bleaching cream which is combined with the tretinoin at night
- Hydrator– adds moisture if the skin is dry or sensitive
- Tretinoin 0.05% cream– milder vitamin A cream for sensitive skin
- Tretinoin 0.1% cream– full-strength vitamin A cream for normal skin
- Latisse– an Allergan product which is FDA-approved to enhance lash growth. One of the most popular products, causing new eye lash growth, with thicker, darker and more numerous hairs. Our patients are excited with their outcomes and many have substituted Latisse for other eye products, such as mascara. Latisse comes in two sizes: a 3ml bottle or the more popular 5ml bottle. People notice improvement as early as four weeks with the best effect occurring after four months.
“Skin nurturing makeup for beauty with a higher purpose.”
We are proud to offer glominerals, a makeup system uniquely formulated with pharmaceutical-grade ingredients. All their makeup products contain: no perfumes or chemical dyes, are non-comedogenic, contain broad spectrum UVA and UVB sun protection, are anti-inflammatory and are cruelty-free.
We offer a wide range of skin care products at our Edina practice serving Minneapolis-St. Paul, as well as a broad and fashionable color palette to meet every person’s needs. The result for you is a clinically advanced mineral makeup that covers and helps correct and protect. To make a positive and lasting step in your life, contact our skin care practice today to take that first crucial step.